** Ring-fenced debt.
*** R36 million of the balance was extinguished subsequent to year end, relating to MARS Holdings Proprietary Limited. Refer to note 42.
Interest-bearing bank loans are secured through a Security SPV which require that all the South African wholly owned subsidiaries of the Group provide a pledge and cession of:
- all shares in, and claims on loan account against, any member of the Group incorporated in South Africa;
- cash equivalents;
- bank accounts;
- disposal proceeds;
- any other amounts, of any nature whatsoever, now or from time to time in the future owing to that Obligor by any third person arising out of any cause of action whatsoever, including, without limitation, all amounts owing or becoming payable to that Obligor by any of its debtors; and
- related rights.
South African wholly owned subsidiaries contributing more than 80% of the Group's adjusted EBITDA is pledged as required above, but not all South African subsidiaries have formally provided the required security and the process of providing the security is ongoing.
The interest-bearing bank loans secured through Security SPV comprises:
- an amortising facility at an interest rate of 3-month Johannesburg Interbank Average Rate (JIBAR) + 265 basis points;
- revolving credit facility at an interest rate of 3-month JIBAR + 220 basis points; and
- a bullet facility at an interest rate of 3-month JIBAR + 285 basis points.
From 1 April 2019 the secured lenders have charged an additional 250 basis points of default interest on top of the above fully drawn facilities.
The unsecured core debt comprises:
- Sanlam Note at an interest rate of 3-month JIBAR + 225 basis points.
The 3 month JIBAR referred to above is reset quarterly.
Refer to note 42 for subsequent events on the above loans.